Request for Public Comment
The external comment period for the U.S. Agency for International Development's (USAID's) “Collecting Feedback from Beneficiaries of Development Programs: A Guide for USAID Implementing Partners" has closed.
Thank you to everyone who reviewed and provided feedback on this draft guidance document.
Since 2018, U.S. Appropriations law has included a special provision encouraging the use of Development Assistance funds for the regular and systematic collection of feedback obtained directly from beneficiaries to enhance the quality and relevance of such assistance. To support these special provisions, USAID commissioned this draft guidance document to help USAID implementing partners integrate beneficiary feedback into their USAID-funded development activities. It describes basic concepts of beneficiary feedback and good practices for collecting and responding to it.
- Key definitions, including “beneficiary feedback,”
- The strengths and limitations of beneficiary feedback,
- Planning for beneficiary feedback in Activity MEL plans,
- Identifying beneficiaries for feedback collection,
- Domains of feedback and deciding what kinds of feedback to collect,
- Beneficiary feedback data collection approaches, and
- Responding to and reporting on beneficiary feedback received.
Your feedback is critical for USAID to ensure that this guidance document serves the needs of USAID implementing partners who must collect feedback from beneficiaries as a required part of their development program. We truly appreciate your input.
A recording of the webinar about the Draft Guide to Collecting Beneficiary Feedback can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPo4zLUxPYM.